Faithful

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

If I could write a list of all the ways God has shown Himself faithful
I would have pages upon pages.  

5 years ago I was a frazzled, homesick freshman at Winona State.
Yet that is the year I first felt called to serve in Africa.
I didn’t feel capable to live 2.5 hours away from home, yet God was stirring a desire to move overseas, and allowed me to leave my fears behind.

Now, I am caring for orphans and widows in the poorest country in the world.  In a village in the middle of nowhere.

There were definitely hills, valleys & multiple seasons that got us to where we are now. I wouldn’t trade them for anything, yet I won’t be raising my hand to re-live them anytime soon (I can just see Tyler nodding in agreement).

Truth is, leaving everything behind is hard. 
Saying goodbyes are hard. 
Change is hard.

BUT…..
He who calls is faithful.  And He will continue to be faithful as we live life halfway around the world.  Our city may change to a village, our "home" church may look different, even our hygiene may (will) change.  But He doesn’t.

I am sitting on the edge of my chair, waiting for what He has in store for us here.  Knowing when days get tough, missing family gets real, and when craving Culvers custard becomes to hard to handle, I can remember we are here for a purpose.  And no matter what, He won’t leave our side.

There is a song I’ve played about a zillion times since boarding our first plane.  You’ve probably heard it before.  It’s called “Faithful Til The End” by Bethel. 

This song encompasses why fear hasn’t ruled my thoughts when transitioning to another culture and country.  I’ve noticed that fear tends to leave when focusing on the faithfulness of our Father.  And when I remember His faithfulness in the things behind me, I can trust Him for the same in the future.

Even when our income soley depends on others?
Even in a country where healthcare is lacking?
Even in a place where witchcraft is more prevalent?

yes. 
“He who calls is faithful.”  1 Thessalonians 5:24



///////////
I will sing of all You've done
I'll remember how far You carried me
From beginning until the end
You are faithful, faithful to the end

There wasn't a day
That You weren't by my side
There wasn't a day
That You let me fall
All of my life
Your love has been true
All of my life
I will worship You

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!